To the Back to Life Community:
We are excited to announce that we have begun increasing our in-person and video appointments after needing to decrease our services when to shelter-in-place began. We want to let you know what we are doing to ensure the safety of our patients and our staff.
Covid-19 Safety Precautions
We are following infection control recommendations from the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and will modify our infection control practices as guidelines change. Please see our new health and safety guidelines below regarding clinic visits.
- Screening staff: staff will be screened prior to arriving in our office for symptoms or exposure. Staff will undergo oxygen saturation and temperature checks upon arrival.
- Screening Patients: Patients will be asked a series of screening questions prior to their appointment.
- Face coverings: Per guidelines from Alameda and San Francisco counties, all staff and patients will be required to wear face coverings.
- Hand washing: Staff and patients are required to wash their hands prior to the initiation of the appointment and upon completion of the appointment. Hand sanitizer is also available to be used during your appointment.
- Sanitizing: All equipment will be sanitized between each use as well as frequent cleaning of high-touch surfaces (door handles, armrests, faucet knobs, etc).
- Social Distancing: Appointments will be performed one-on-one. Unless specifically requested, we ask that you refrain from bringing anyone with you to your appointments at this time. The social distancing between therapists and patients will be observed whenever possible.
- Ventilation: In addition to our central ventilation system, we will increase airflow in the clinic by leaving windows and doors open when possible. Airflow will be supplemented by the use of fans and air purifiers. Please consider dressing in layers.
- Front desk: We encourage you to schedule all your appointments over phone or email. If you feel comfortable, we encourage you to leave your credit card information on file with us to complete all transactions without contact.
- Telehealth/Video Visits: We can accomplish a great deal without being with you in-person. If you are not able to come to the office, you can either schedule a video visit with your therapist instead or convert your previously scheduled in-person visit to a telehealth visit. In addition to exercise review, modification, and progression, telehealth is a fantastic opportunity to look at your posture and body mechanics around your home and your work-from-home set-up to help you improve your ergonomics and comfort.